Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Love That Old Thing Anew

Tonight I  want to share this super easy and very frugal furniture upcycle project with you.
It's fun and I love the uniqueness of its look and the fact that when you use the materials on different surfaces, you get a totally different look. So versatility and price are huge plusses in this redo.
This piece had louvered doors. I found them ugly, dated and not at all right for my taste. So i purchased black foam boards at the Dollar Tree cut them to size to cover the louvered parts --- then applied the texture technique.
The textured part is extremely simple:
#1 Coat your surface in mod podge  (homemade mod podge is 1/2 water and 1/2 white glue).

#2 Crinkle white tissue paper up in your hands. Roll it into a ball. Open it back up, but do not smooth. Lay it on your mod podge area, and brush another coat of mod podge over it, covering completely. Repeat until your whole area is covered with tissue paper.

#3 When you have covered the entire area with one layer, repeat. You'll want at least 2 layers of paper.

#4 Once your tissue paper layers are done, let them dry, then apply 2 more layers of mod podge, drying between coats.

Done!

I used white tissue paper...I see no reason why you can't use other colors..so experiment and have fun.post your pics and show me your projects, I'd love to see them!
Another item I used this for is below.


Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment