Friday, October 28, 2016

Ahhhh....Back In My Happy Place!

I found my new place, and knew that I was moving on September 2nd, I began packing the next day and moved 3 weeks later. Since then I've even unpacking and preparing for the  week long visit from my British friend . .. I had a lot to do, and no time for art, or any creative fun. I did squeeze in a few hours to begin a new painting one day...to me, that's like a drop of water for a desperately thirsty person . And of course, Shirley and I created the Tuscan Bottles while she was here.

Shirley returned to the UK on Tuesday and I went into a full cleaning and organizing frenzy after she  was gone, determined to complete all of the half finished things I'd left undone before she arrived. I went room by room, and was done yesterday with everything, including cabinets,  my closet , laundry, and even outdoor areas.
That meant today I was free to create!
My mind, body and soul just feel complete and full of peace and joy when I create...it doesn't matter what kind of creating I'm doing-- but I  feel happiest when I'm free to completely do my own thing with no pattern, rules, or preconceived concept . When my creativity can just flow unfettered, I feel like I could fly!
I put music on...and away I go...to my happy place...to where my soul soars, and my heart heals... and I seldom really am aware of much else until I return of the real world. It's just art, music, me and my muse there... thank God I get to go there often, it's my happy, happy place.
I hope you find yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment